Welcome to the home of the Belle II particle adventure. During the adventure, you can play with the data acquired with a big particle detector Belle II. Millions of particles await you to combine them and find their mother particles. These are well hidden. Your help is needed!
The Belle II measurement adventure includes:
- Visualization of Events – Display collision events in the Belle II spectrometer.
- Introduction to the invariant mass – combining the masses and momenta of two selected particles
- Discovery of new particles – students describe a two-body decay and search for new particles on the sample of about ten million events from Belle and Belle II experiments.
- Fitting and determining the mass and yields of the discovered particle.
- Documentation for Tutors: https://indico.cern.ch/event/882471/
- Virtual reality walks through the Belle II detector http://store.steampowered.com/app/810020/Belle_II_in_Virtual_Reality/
- Video introduction to the experiment: http://www1.phys.vt.edu/~piilonen/movies/KEK_eng_short_1029.mp4