Welcome to the home of the Belle II masterclass. During the adventure you will be able to play with the data acquired with a big particle detector. Millions of particles are waiting for you to combine them and find their mother particles. These are well hidden. Your help is needed!
The Belle II measurement adventure includes:
- Visualization of Events – Display of the collision events in the Belle II spectrometer.
- Introduction to the invariant mass – combining the masses and momenta of two selected particles
- Discovery of new particles – students describe a two body decay and search for new particles on the sample of about 5 mio. of events from Belle and Belle II experiments.
- Fitting and determining the mass and yields of the discovered particle.
- Documentation for Tutors: https://indico.cern.ch/event/882471/
- Virtual reality walks through the Belle II detector http://store.steampowered.com/app/810020/Belle_II_in_Virtual_Reality/
- Video introduction to the experiment: http://www1.phys.vt.edu/~piilonen/movies/KEK_eng_short_1029.mp4